Through partnership with Ripon College Cuddesdon, we are offering an MA in ministry accredited by Durham University.
The programme consists of six modules assessed by a variety of methods and a dissertation of 20,000 words. Students can complete the programme part time in two or three years. MA Students will be taught in their own group but may join with other MA year groups on certain modules.
For those pursuing ordination, you will partner with Ripon College Cuddesdon and attend their residential weekends for further input.
The modules are a selection of:
- Anthropology and Christian Mission
- Theologies from Global Perspective
- Mission and Evangelism
- Missional Ecclesiology
- Research methods
- Audited modules from the Diploma course such as Missional Entrepreneurship & Bible in Context
The MA handbook gives you a flavour of our current course but some changes will take place when we change to Durham University in Sept 2014.
Other distinctive components:
- a practical element, where people are challenged to launch new projects as they continue through the course.
- worship and prayer together
- an annual retreat or pilgrimage
- sessions with pioneer practitioners
- everyone connects with a mentor
- regular tutorials
- learning as a community
Typically a module consists of five days teaching at Oxford, currently Tuesdays. Some modules are delivered through a residential week. And there will be a few weekends visiting and learning from mission projects and communities.