Through partnership with the Diocese of Oxford, we can offer students a Foundation Degree in Ministry from Oxford Brookes University.
This encompasses 16 modules. Put it together how you like, as long as you complete all 16 modules with a minimum of three a year.
The modules are:
- mission spirituality
- faith seeking understanding
- the bible’s big story
- the mission story of the church
- mission in contemporary society
- pioneer ministry
- pioneer ministry skills (crossing cultures)
- missional entrepreneurship
- pastoral care
- new testament
- old testament
- theology in global context
- ethics in mission
- mission leadership
- cross cultural placement
Other distinctive components:
- a “sink or swim” element, where people are challenged to launch new projects as they continue through the course.
- specially designed placements to enhance your learning as you visit other pioneers and communities.
- worship and prayer together
- an annual retreat or pilgrimage
- sessions with pioneer practitioners
- everyone connects with a mentor
- learning as a community
In summary, most people do the course over three years.
In such cases, a year typically includes:
- one day a week at CMS in Oxford (about 30 days a year)
- a residential week
- two weekends visiting other communities or a placement with another community
- a retreat
See a sample course outline.
If you are pursuing the ordained route, there will be additional input mostly at weekends with the Oxford Ministry Course (OMC) each year.
Credits from the Certificate and Foundation Degree are transferable.