Through partnership with Ripon College Cuddesdon, we are offering an MA in ministry accredited by Oxford Brookes University.
The programme consists of six modules assessed by portfolios and a dissertation of 20,000 words. Students can complete the programme part time in two or three years. MA Students will join with the undergraduate pioneer students in the morning sessions and have separate sessions as a Masters cohort in the afternoons.
For those pursuing ordination, you will partner with Ripon College Cuddesdon and attend their residential weekends for further input.
The modules are a selection of:
- mission spirituality
- faith seeking understanding
- the mission story of the church
- mission in contemporary society
- pioneer ministry skills
- missional entrepreneurship
- pastoral care
- new testament
- old testament
- theology in global context
- mission leadership
- research methods
Other distinctive components:
- a “sink or swim” element, where people are challenged to launch new projects as they continue through the course.
- worship and prayer together
- an annual retreat or pilgrimage
- sessions with pioneer practitioners
- everyone connects with a mentor
- regular tutorials
- learning as a community
Typically a module consists of five days teaching at Oxford, currently Tuesdays. Some modules are delivered through a residential week. And there will be a few weekends visiting and learning from mission projects and communities.